Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3rd session




I have continued on the painting. Worked on the clown figure, his clothing and his face trying to have the light come from below. Difficult in so small a face, under 3/4 of an inch in size. I have also softened the spotlit shadow edges. I think that its better as it was attracting too much attention before. I still need to work this out more. Also, need to repaint male onlookers shirt and sweater as they don't work for me. Perhaps a redder red and more strength in the light and dark. I've placed a pencil hold line for the tightrope. I will also increase the light of the underside soles of his feet/shoes to better give the sense of spotlight from below. As well as selectively light the tightrope in the areas where the light hits it directly. Not 100% sure of the hat and how to light it and whether the shape is quite right yet.

No comments: